Get support in Trafford
Get help with Skills and Work
Trafford Council is working to reduce unemployment, improve the skills of Trafford residents and to create more good quality jobs and training opportunities that everyone within Trafford has access to.
- They produce a weekly jobs and training bulletin with local job vacancies and training opportunities. To receive an email copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact The Skills Information Service for information about employability courses. Telelphone 07971034641 or email email@example.com
- A skills brochure is now available at local libraries, community venues and job centres. It contains information on courses and employment support available to Trafford residents. A Digital version can be downloaded from the Trafford Directory website
Trafford Council run drop-in information sessions across the borough in local community venues:
- St John’s – 1st Monday of the month (11:00am-1:00pm)
- Sale West Community Centre (11:00am- 1pm) and Coppice Avenue Library (1.15-3.15pm)- 2nd Monday of the month
- Broomwood- 3rd Monday of the month (11:00am-1:00pm)
- The Hideaway- 3rd Wednesday of the month (12:00-2:00pm)
- Bluesci Wellbeing Centre, Old Trafford- last Wednesday of the month (11:00am-1:00pm)
Join a library
Trafford libraries offer a range of services for local communities. This includes books for all ages, audio books, DVDs, daily newspapers and magazines.
All libraries haven computers available for public use for free, and plenty of activities and events for children and adults take place at Trafford libraries throughout the year.
Vist the Trafford libraries website to find out more about the opening times and services offered in the libraries in Trafford.
Activites in your local area
If you’re looking for things to do in Trafford, this is the place to find it! From fun days to sports days to special celebrations, take a look what’s going on in your local area.
Find out more by Visiting the Trafford Directory page.