Get support in Manchester
Do you need help getting started with your smartphone or tablet?
Buzz Manchester has information such as how to download an app, find a website, set up an email account, and other things you might need to do. The useful guides are also translated into Farsi and Urdu.
Stay connected during Covid-19
Do you need help with getting online, staying safe online and using the internet?
Free telephone support is available on a wide range of things from turning your device on, setting up an email address, making video calls, downloading apps, booking your online supermarket shopping, accessing health information etc. Calls can be made in 15 languages, so if you’d like the call in a different language to English, please let us know.
To receive free telephone support from one of the organisations that provide Internet support in Manchester, you can:
- Text 07860064128. Leave your name and area of Manchester where you live
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the person’s details including their name and area of Manchester where they live
Northmoor Community Association are running an online course in how to use a computer, tablet or smartphone. For further information or to book a place on the course, phone 0161 2486823 or text/Whatsapp 07458300781.
There are free online course with Learn My Way. You can learn about using a computer or other device, using the internet, staying safe online, and many other useful things too. Click here to sign up for the course. They also have guides to help you use the internet and apps on your device.
Work and skills
Manchester Adult Education deliver preparation for work courses and provide support to help you in the next stage of your career. You will have the opportunity to meet employers, have practise job interviews and receive up to date information about local jobs.
One Manchester is resuming Work Clubs from Monday 12 April. You can make an appointment between 10am and 3pm to speak to a trained employment adviser at one of
our Job Clubs:
• Eastlands House, Openshaw – Mondays & Thursdays
• The Workshop, Moss Side – Mondays & Wednesdays
• Fallowfield Library, Fallowfield – Tuesdays
• Gorton Hub, Gorton – Thursdays
Make an appointment on 0161 230 1057 or email email@example.com
At the Job Club you can:
• receive support applying for jobs
• get help with job searching
• get careers advice
• use computers
• complete online training
• find out about local employers that we work with
At the moment, due to Covid-19, all Manchester libraries are closed. However, you can still join a library online.
If you visit their website, you can download many books and magazines to read at home.
Visit your local library, where you can find a range of facilities such as:
- Books to borrow, including some in other languages
- CDs and DVDs to borrow
- Free wifi
- Computer facilities
- Printing and photocopying
- Newspapers and magazines to read
- Information about local services
Activities in your local area
Another way to develop your English skills is to participate in fun activities in your local community, such as cooking, dancing, and arts and crafts. Here are some places with groups and activities near you:
- Brunswick Church, Ardwick
- Northmoor Community Association, Longsight
- Longsight Church of the Nazarene
- Levenshulme Inspire
- Rainbow Haven, Gorton
- The Oasis Centre, Gorton
- Central Library
- Zion Community Resource Centre, Hulme
- Powerhouse Library, Moss Side
- Kath Locke Centre, Moss Side
The Manchester City Council website provides lots of useful information on a wide range of services for children and their carers in Manchester. This includes information on schools, nurseries and activities at your local children’s centre.
This useful service is a charity that provides confidential advice for free. It can help you move forward if you have different kinds of problems, such as money, legal or family issues.
You can call them on 03444 111 222 or visit them in one of the 13 sites across Manchester.
Click on the link below to find out more information, including the location and opening times of your nearest Citizens Advice.